Friday 8 July 2011

Friday 8th July

A good meeting with James Hoggarth at Radio Humberside on Tuesday. I won't tell what topics we discussed as the broadcast hasn't been aired yet. From there I went on to the Talking Magazine studio for my voluntary work; this week my colleagues and I had our editors' hats on as we prepared material for the Thursday recording.
I've had quite a good week of writing and the first draft of the present book is progressing, slowly but reasonably well as I come to know my characters and what they are getting up to. I have a rough idea of where I am going with it, but sometimes I'm surprised by the events which unfold, as in one thing can often lead to another which I hadn't planned. I've also had time to meet friends for coffee which is so important and such a nice thing to do.
On Saturday 16th July a Garden Party given by the Holderness Probus Society is to be held by kind permission of  Mr & Mrs Jim Stansfield at 15 Windsor Close Cottingham, and is in aid of Dove House Hospice and the Yorkshire Scanner Appeal. There will be a barbecue and stalls, putting and games, and a raffle. I shall be there signing my books supplied by Barkers of Cottingham. The garden is open from 11am to 5pm and all are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment