Sunday 19 June 2011

Sunday 19th June

I decided that I should step back into the 21st century. Most of my time when I'm working is spent in the 19thc, which might seem rather odd -- but then one does need to be fairly odd to be an author -- but unless I think and breathe an earlier period then it's not possible to make it tangible for my readers, in much the same way, as I have said previously, I must breathe life and put flesh on the bones of my characters to make them seem real too. But I digress; I said I am stepping back into the 21st century and to this end I have joined Face Book and Twitter. I have been asked 'why' and the reason being is that very many of my fellow authors have already joined, and I didn't want to miss out on the party! Of course, when I say that I have joined Face Book and Twitter, what I actually mean is that I have been helped to be there and to have a brand new web site by professional people who actually know what they are doing.

Last Friday my two daughters and I joined Yorkshire artist Ashley Jackson at the 10th anniversary of the Holderness Art Show in Burton Pidsea village, Ashley opened the show and commented on the many fine pieces of work displayed. I, with my daughters, presented a spelted beech bowl given as an annual Peter Wood Memorial Prize in commemoration of my husband's life, to first time winner Rebecca Clark.

No comments:

Post a Comment